Why Do I Need A United States Entry Waiver
Are you looking for a U.S. Entry waiver York Region, U.S. Entry waiver Simcoe County or a U.S. Entry waiver Toronto ? Erase My Record should be your Number 1 Choice!
If you are considering a trip to the United States, whether for business, family/medical emergency or leisure purposes, having a Canadian Criminal Record (CCR) can result in your inadmissibility and potential denial of entry. In case you have already been denied entry due to your CCR, it is essential to obtain a US Entry Waiver before attempting to enter the US to avoid the risk of being detained by US authorities.
To gain legal entry into the United States despite being otherwise inadmissible based on one or more grounds, you need to submit an Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility. This application should be filed with US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) prior to your planned travel date. Homeland Security will then review your application to assess whether you pose a threat to their society. They will also determine the validity period of your Waiver, which can range from 1 to 5 years.
The strength of your application significantly influences the duration for which your United States Entry Waiver will be granted. A strong application can result in a longer validity period, reducing the need for frequent renewals and saving you additional application fees.
Once your Waiver has been approved, you can enter the US without the concern of being denied entry due to your Canadian Criminal Record.
Why You Need a US Entry Waiver And Not a Pardon
For Canadians with a conviction on their record, the process of removing that conviction involves applying for a Canadian pardon. This pardon effectively erases the conviction from the individual’s criminal record, ensuring it does not appear in searches related to their criminal history. However, it’s important to note that the past conviction will not be deleted from the Customs & Border Patrol’s database.
A US Entry Waiver is a document that can be obtained for travel purposes. This document informs border officials that despite having a conviction on one’s record, the individual has undergone screening by the Department of Homeland Security and has been granted access to the US. It’s worth mentioning that this document has an expiration date, and it needs to be renewed periodically. The validity period may vary, ranging from 1 to 5 years.
Once your passport is flagged by Customs & Border Patrol (CBP), a file is created containing relevant information about you. This file becomes a reference point for CBP in the future. If you obtain a pardon for a conviction after your information has been logged in the CBP database, the conviction will still be visible during a criminal background check at the border.
ERASE MY RECORD offers a complimentary consultation to assess your eligibility. Contact us to find out if you qualify for a US Entry Waiver, and learn how to avoid potential application rejections, thereby enhancing your life prospects.
Benefits a Waiver provides to You
A U.S. entry waiver, also known as a Waiver of Inadmissibility, is a legal document that allows individuals with certain criminal records or immigration violations to enter the United States. While it does not grant a visa or permanent residency, it temporarily waives the inadmissibility grounds and permits entry for a specified period. Here are some benefits of a U.S. entry waiver:
1. Business and Employment Opportunities: For entrepreneurs, business professionals, and skilled workers, a U.S. entry waiver opens up the possibility of attending industry conferences, participating in business meetings, or pursuing employment opportunities in the US. This can be crucial for business expansion, networking, and career advancement.
2. Reuniting Families: One of the most significant benefits of a U.S. entry waiver is that it enables family reunification. Many individuals with criminal records or immigration violations might have close family members, such as spouses, parents, or children, who are U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents. The waiver allows these individuals to visit their loved ones in the United States
3. Humanitarian Reasons: Some individuals may seek entry for humanitarian reasons, such as medical treatment, attending funerals, or providing support during family emergencies. The waiver allows for temporary entry in such compassionate cases.
4. Educational Pursuits: Students with past infractions may want to study at American educational institutions. With a U.S. entry waiver, they can pursue academic goals, engage in research, and gain exposure to diverse educational environments.
5. Rehabilitation and Second Chances: A U.S. entry waiver acknowledges that individuals with prior criminal or immigration issues can rehabilitate and become contributing members of society. It provides an opportunity for redemption and a fresh start.
It is essential to remember that obtaining a U.S. entry waiver can be a complex and lengthy process, and not everyone may be eligible. Each case is unique and requires careful evaluation and preparation to increase the chances of approval.
Remember that everyone’s situation and story is unique to them. ERASE MY RECORD offers a complimentary consultation to assess your eligibility and develop a custom plan for your application. Contact us to find out if you qualify for a US Entry Waiver, and learn how to avoid potential application rejections, thereby enhancing your life prospects.